Claims Handlers - Czech Republic
Want to make a big difference in animal Health? Now it’s time to make that change…. Find out how through the first truly online award-winning digitalised Pet Insurance in Europe serving tens of thousands of clients. Our artificial intelligence platform pays 90% of claims in less than 5 seconds which is world beating!
PetExpert is an innovative, technologically driven and ethical Pet Health Insurance company who will shortly be launching in Belgium with a local well know insurance partner. PetExpert is currently in two other countries in Europe but are rapidly growing and plan to present in six countries by the end of 2022. We are a young, hardworking forward thinking team with a love of all animals, particularly cats and dogs.
We have taken an innovative approach to an already globally and locally available product by taking it several steps forwards making it easier for our clients and veterinarians. We disrupt established processes and mindsets by revolutionising Pet Health Insurance with technology, open minds, and a drive to make animal health better and more accessible for all.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who would like to join our team in Czech Republic as Insurance Claims Handlers. These are key roles as you must ensure that claims made on our insurance policies, that require human intervention, are dealt with efficiently and that payment for valid claims is made to policyholders quickly.
As an Insurance Claims Handler, you'll be involved in managing a claim from the start through to settlement, making decisions on the extent and validity of a claim, and checking for any potentially fraudulent activity. As well as communicating with policyholders, you'll also liaise with our veterinarian partners and veterinary medical experts.
Key tasks include:
As an insurance claims handler, you will need to:
- provide advice to clients and veterinarian partners on making a claim and the processes involved.
- process new insurance claims notifications
- collect accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim.
- analyse a claim made by a policy holder to establish whether it satisfies the policy conditions.
- guide policyholders on how to proceed with the claim.
- identify reasons why full payment may not be made.
- explain to policyholders when their claim is not covered.
- monitor the progress of a claim.
- investigate potentially fraudulent claims.
- get advice from external specialists, such internal and external Veterinarian Doctors on complex cases.
- ensure fair settlement of a valid claim.
- ensure the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
- handle any complaints associated with a claim.
- manage all administration aspects of the claim.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
You need to have:
- excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- negotiation, questioning and decision-making skills.
- good planning and analytical skills
- communication skills and confidence when dealing with people, often in difficult circumstances.
- active listening skills
- organisational and time management skills
- the ability to work well under pressure.
- commercial acumen
- the ability to think strategically.
- initiative and the ability to adapt quickly to different situations.
- good numeracy and literacy
- discernment and the ability to assess a situation objectively.
- attention to detail and sound report-writing skills.
- possess good interpersonal relationships towards co-workers.
Education and Training Requirements
They ideal candidate should be or have:
- Some experience as an Insurance Claims handler in a recognised insurance company or claim handling organisation in non-life products.
- A University degree in any of the following
- accounting and/or finance
- business or management
- economics and accountancy
- Be fluent in Czech. English language is also desirable at a communication level.
The Insurance Claims Handlers will be based in Prague, Czech Republic
Working hours and employment
Employment contract– full time
The working week is typically 35 to 40 hours. Office hours can be Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.However, shift work, including evenings and weekends, may be required.
(Part-time work maybe available)
Salary and benefits
- A competitive salary will be offered consummate with your experience and the role
- Free Pet Insurance for your pets at the top level
- Usual competitive benefits
- Mobile telephone
- 25 days holiday
These will be an exciting but challenging roles as we grow our business in Europe for somebody who is keen to learn, work hard and who is prepared to build something phenomenal. Interested to know more? Please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and we will make contact if you fit what we are looking for. Interviews will be held on-line in the following weeks and looking for candidates who can start as soon as possible.